Immersive Media Leadership Board is the Third Executive Board Launched by the Sports Innovation Lab
Boston, MA. (June 7, 2019)__ Fresh off the success of two previously launched Leadership Boards, the Sports Innovation Lab has once again brought together executive thought-leaders from across the sports and technology industries, this time to discuss the future of sports media. The Immersive Media Leadership board is part of an executive leadership program developed by the Sports Innovation Lab designed to help prepare the sports industry for the Age of the Fluid Fan.
Focusing on the concept of “immersion”, the board has three primary goals facing it over the course of its 12-month remit:
- To define “immersion” and establish the benchmarks for media innovation
- To evaluate case studies of immersive media with an eye toward the critical role of technology in sports media production, distribution, consumption, measurement and monetization
- To develop a road map of priorities for improving immersion in sports media in the years to come
The board held its first meeting in New York City on May 31, getting acquainted and setting the initiative for the remainder of the work to be done. “Our goal in convening sports thought leaders is to encourage innovation to help sports thrive,” said Sports Innovation Lab CEO Angela Ruggiero. “We know first-hand that in many cases the most efficient path toward innovation is through market intelligence and developing meaningful partnerships, and we want to help the innovative companies blaze a trail by having the smart conversations, with the right partners, at the right time.”
Immersive Media Board members:
- Angela Ruggiero, CEO, and Co-founder of the Sports Innovation Lab
- Josh Walker, President, and Co-founder of the Sports Innovation Lab and Board Co-chair
- Jeb Terry, President of Double Seven Sports
- Dan Cohen, Senior Vice President of Global Media Rights at Octagon
- David Aufhauser, Managing Director and Ranajit Gangopadhyay Digital Strategist of Intel Sports
- Miheer Walavalkar, CEO, and Saswat Panda, CTO of LiveLike
- Geoff Reiss, General Manager, and Ishwara Glassman Chrein, Head of Sports Partnerships, Yahoo Sports
- Luis Avila-Marco, Senior Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development and Matt Kogan, Senior Manager of Strategy and Corporate Development at Cox Enterprises
- Nick Horbaczewski, CEO and Co-founder of Drone Racing League
- Sabrina Macias, Head of Global Communications at DraftKings
- Simon Greenberg, Head of Dow Jones Sports Group
- Andreas Heyden, CEO of DFL Digital Sports GmbH (Bundesliga)
- Wayne Sieve, Executive Vice President of Thuuz
- Yamada Takeshi, Senior Fellow, and Ikeda Saki, Client Relations Department from Nikkei
All board members receive access to Sports Innovation Lab’s market intelligence software and custom research produced exclusively for this annual program. The board will meet all together three more times over the course of the next twelve months, with periodic conference calls amongst the group as the Members works towards the goals of the board.
The executives on the Immersive Media Leadership Board join an exclusive roster of thought-leaders from two other leadership board initiatives started by the Sports Innovation Lab: The Athlete Data Leadership Board and the Smart Venues Leadership Board. Companies represented in those boards include: NFL, Kinduct, USC Center for Body Computing, ORIG3N, Atavus, Teamworks, UFC, MGM, Orreco, Whoop, NHL, Octagon, Chicago Cubs, The University of Michigan, The Goldwater Group, TD Garden, Venuetize, Armored Things, Ticketmaster, CLEAR, Legends, Aramark, the Dow Chemical Company, Satisfi Labs, Rossetti, Oak View Group, Fancam, Oracle Food and Beverage, Visa, JMA Wireless.
About Sports Innovation Lab
The Sports Innovation Lab prepares the industry for the New Age of Sport with a market intelligence platform that continuously mines the global sports technology market for trends. Our customers have an edge when it comes to winning the Fluid Fan and investing in the future.
Abe Stein email@example.com
© Sports Innovation Lab. All Rights Reserved.