Sports Innovation Lab Forms Athlete-Driven Media Leadership Board, Kicks Off at CES
From the floor of the Sports Technology Lounge at the Consumer Electronics Show [CES], Sports Innovation Lab announces the formation of a brand new leadership board focusing on the role athlete data will play with innovation in sports media. Comprised of some of the industry's most prominent executives, the Athlete-Driven Media Leadership Board will hold its first, in-person meeting at CES, where discussion topics will include:
- Which athlete data collection technologies are seen as accurate and timely enough to use in live broadcasts, and what emerging companies can facilitate this?
- Which teams, leagues, and properties are focused on athlete data and athlete data storytelling?
- What kinds of skills are important for organizations to develop to start using this data more effectively in media and sponsorship, and what partnership opportunities may open up as a result?
“All of our research into human performance technology has shown that there is a divide occurring in the sports industry, with one group focusing on competition, while the other group is looking into how athlete data will change the way consumers experience sports through media,” said Sports Innovation Lab CEO and Olympic Hall of Fame athlete Angela Ruggiero. “We recognize that the sports industry needs to take a close hard look at all the ways Fluid Fans™ are changing behaviors and identify opportunities for integrating athlete data into the sports media process.”
As with all the Sports Innovation Lab Leadership Boards, senior executives from across the sports industry will come together to tackle major questions that impact how sports will address the changing expectations and shifting behaviors of Fluid Fans. Leadership board seats are invite-only, and executives are chosen for their influence on the sports industry from across sectors.
The executives joining the Athlete-Driven Media Board are:
- Sports Innovation Lab, Josh Walker, Co-Founder and President
- USC Center of Body Computing, Dr. Leslie Saxon, Executive Director
- DraftKings, Paul Liberman, Co-Founder and COO
- Kinduct, Dr. Travis McDonough, Co-Founder and CEO
- MediaLink, JC Uva, Managing Director
- MGM, Scott Butera, President of Interactive Gaming
- NASCAR, Tim Clark, SVP & Chief Digital Officer
- NHL, Dave Lehanski, SVP, Business Development & Global Partnerships
- NFLPA, Casey Schwab, Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs
- Octagon, Jeremy Aisenberg, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
- Panini America, Jason Howarth, Vice President of Marketing
- ShotTracker, Bruce Ianni, Co-Founder and CEO
- TitletownTech, Cordero Barkley, Finance & Investments Director
- UFC, Lawrence Epstein, COO
- Veepio, Jonathan Ohliger, CEO
- Wave, Brian Verne, Co-Founder and CEO
- Whoop, Kristen Holmes, Vice President of Performance
- World 1 League, Brett Morris, Co-Founder and CEO
The executives on the Athlete Driven Media Leadership Board join an exclusive roster of thought-leaders from four other leadership board initiatives started by the Sports Innovation Lab: the Smart Venue Leadership Board, the Next-Generation Sponsorship Leadership Board, and the Immersive Media Leadership Board. Companies represented in those boards include the NFL, USC Center for Body Computing, ORIG3N, Atavus, Teamworks, Orreco, Chicago Cubs, The University of Michigan, The Goldwater Group, TD Garden, Venuetize, Armored Things, Ticketmaster, CLEAR, Legends, Aramark, the Dow Chemical Company, Satisfi Labs, Rossetti, Oak View Group, Fancam, Oracle Food and Beverage, Visa, JMA Wireless, Intel, LiveLike, Yahoo Sports, Cox, Dow Jones Sports, Nikkei, the Bundesliga, and Sportradar.
About Sports Innovation Lab
Sports Innovation Lab is leading a sports research revolution. Sports Innovation Lab exist to educate clients on the technological possibilities for their brand and how to ultimately drive value to the end consumer: the Fluid Fans™. They inspire brands to create bold fan experiences through data-driven technology insights and industry-leading research. Visit https://www.sportsilab.com and follow on LinkedIn.
© Sports Innovation Lab. All Rights Reserved.